We build bridges of understanding between the visionary research community and those who are caring for and mentoring children. Our focus is the caregiver. By helping those who care for children become more knowledgeable, sensitive, and empathic, we Touch the Future of every child they meet.
We nurture, inform and support adults and through them, Touch the Future of well-adjusted, happy and intelligent children.
- Families, especially single parents, feel isolated and unsupported.
- Most mothers of young children choose or out of necessity remain in the workforce.
- There is a critical shortage of quality, child-centered care programs. The demand for even custodial-based facilities exceeds the supply.
- There exist confusing, often conflicting models for appropriate childcare and parenting.
- Few resources are available, at the local level, for continuing early childhood education for parents and professionals.
- There is growing awareness of research which links child abuse and neglect during the formative years to brain damage, depression, aggression, learning disabilities, and later adult patterns of addiction and violence.
We Touch the Future by addressing these needs and many others, with proactive, positive and nurturing support for parents,educators and caregivers.