Linda Dobson’s Top 10 Gems – “What I wish someone would have told me during my first year of homeschooling,” is excerpted from Linda’s book, The First Year of Homeschooling Your Child. Linda, creator of the delightful Parent at the Helm (PATH) site, lists the top 10 gems that homeschooling parents have contributed when asked “What do you wish someone would have told you during your first year of homeschooling?”
• I wish someone had told me that it was okay to start the year with a list of about 1000 interesting homeschooling plans and ideas and to:
1) Start some of them, but not finish them because everyone loses interest in the subject,
2) Never start some of them because the kids think the projects are stupid,
3) Never start some of them because you realize they are just too much work,
4) Lose interest in topics everyone thought were so fascinating only months before,
5) Run out of time before you make another list of 1000 things to do next year.
Follow the link above to read all of Linda’s gems!