For those of you who enjoyed, From Anchorage to Nome by Lisa Amstutz in the January – February Issue of Home Education Magazine as much as I did, here is a great resource to
go along with that:
- John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon
February 25th, Duluth, Minnesota
“Trail Mail” One of the Few Places in the World Where You Can Have Your Letters Carried by Dog Sled!Again this year, the 2007 Mushers will be honorary United States Postal Carriers.
Here’s how it works:
1) Write a letter to a friend and/or loved one.
2) Order your “Trail Mail” envelopes online or by U.S. mail ($5.00 ea.).
3) When you receive your Trail Mail envelopes (they’re really cool!), place your letter inside, seal it, affix adequate postage, and return to:
John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon
Attn: “Trail Mail”
P.O. Box 500
Duluth, MN. 55801
4) Your letter will be carried by dog sled during the 2007 race and then delivered to its final destination by the US Postal Service.
IMPORTANT: Deadline for returning Trail Mail to the Beargrease office is one week (7 days) prior to the race.