It’s on C-Span right this very minute.
Senators Hear Testimony on Disabilities Treaty
Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) holds a hearing on the United Nation’s disabilities convention granting rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act to disabled citizens of foreign countries.
The second panel includes a witness not included on the website – Michael Farris of the Home School Legal Defense Association. Here are the other witnesses:
- Rep. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill.
- Thomas J. Ridge, former Secretary of Homeland Security, and chairman, National Organization on Disability
- Richard Thornburgh, former attorney general of the United States, and of counsel, K&L Gates, LLP
- Susan Yoshihara, senior vice president for research, and director, International Organizations Research Group, The Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute
- Timothy L. Meyer, assistant professor, University of Georgia School of Law