Now whether you label the word “creep” as a noun or a verb is up to you.
HE&OS, 10 October 2006, NC ALERT: DUMBEST EDUCRATS EVER!
Monday, October 9, 2006
Dear Home School Administrator:
Instead of our coming to your home this year for a school record review visit, you have been randomly selected to ask if you would voluntarily come to meet with a representative of this office (name given below) on the date and at the location stated below. The meeting will last no longer than 25 minutes.
Please call this office within the next TEN days to arrange a specific appointment time. If you cannot attend or you are no longer home schooling your children please call or write this office within ten days of the above date and so state.
If you can arrange to come, please plan to bring the following to the meeting:
1. Students (those aged 7 through 17) currently enrolled in your school;
2. Student attendance records for the current school year
3. Student disease immunization records
4. Results from the most recently administered nationally standardized achievement test
5. Optional â€” Textbook list; this yearâ€™s daily log/lesson plan book; examples of student work, etc. which you might want to voluntarily show to our staff representative.
6. Any questions or suggestions you may have.
We greatly appreciate the North Carolina home schooling communityâ€™s cooperation in meeting with us and look forward to hearing from you within the next ten days.
DATE: Thursday, November 2, 2006 from 10:00 a.m.â€“5:00 p.m.
DNPE Representative: Kristy Daughtry
LOCATION/DIRECTIONS: WEST DISTRICT POLICE STATION BEHIND THE WALMART IN GARNER STATION. THE ADDRESS IS 1809 GARNER STATION. IF YOU NEED MORE DIRECTIONS PLEASE CALL 919.722.8810
The North Carolina requirements are:
- A home school shall make the election to operate under the qualifications of either Part 1 or Part 2 of this Article and shall meet the requirements of the Part elected, except that any requirement related to safety and sanitation inspections shall be waived if the school operates in a private residence and except that testing requirements in G.S. 115C-549 and G.S. 115C-557 shall be on an annual basis.Â
- No school which complies with this Part shall be subject to any other provision of law relating to education except requirements of law respecting immunization.
- A home school shall make the election to operate under the qualifications of either Part 1 or Part 2 of this Article and shall meet the requirements of the Part elected, except that any requirement related to safety and sanitation inspections shall be waived if the school operates in a private residence and except that testing requirements in G.S. 115C-549 and G.S. 115C-557 shall be on an annual basis.
- 115C-549.Â Standardized testing requirements.
Each private church school or school of religious charter shall administer, at least once in each school year, a nationally standardized test or other nationally standardized equivalent measurement selected by the chief administrative officer of such school, to all students enrolled or regularly attending grades three, six and nine.Â Â …Â Each school shall make and maintain records of the results achieved by its students.Â For one year after the testing, all records shall be made available, … , at the principal office of such school, at all reasonable times, for annual inspection by a duly authorized representative of the State of North Carolina.
See comments at Daryl’s.