Dana has the details.
- Legislative Bill 1141
- “No longer will homeschools be ‘acknowledged,’ we will be ‘approved’ by the state.”
- Every child will be evaluated annually.
- An assessment may be chosen from an approved list of standardized tests or a portfolio assessment.
- The assessment will be conducted by a certified educator.
- The Commissioner of Education or a designee will determine the time and place of the evaluation and â€œshall make every reasonable effort to conduct them at times and places which are convenient for the parents or guardians and the children being evaluated.
- Children must a) achieve at least six months of academic progress and b) be on grade level. If not, the child will be forced to attend an accredited school (public or private).
Click over to Dana’s to get the full story.
posted by Valerie